A correctly proportioned chin is one of the key features of attractiveness in both male and females. Men look better with a chin is that is more square, long and wide. In women, a smaller, rounder, more tapered chin is 'ideal'. On profile view, both sexes should have good projection of their chin.
The reasons for many people not having these “ideal proportions” are usually related to either of the following:
1: Genetic = your underlying bone structure: This is the way your face has naturally formed, and may include a short chin, a recessive chin or both. This can often be a concern for the younger population, as it is structural.
2: Age related changes; Bone reabsorption, loss of the supporting fat pads, and hyperactivity of the chin muscle can all cause the chin to flatten and shorten.
At The Face Place, we use only the highest quality HA fillers
to improve and correct proportions for an overall more balanced look. The dermal fillers we use include the brands Juvederm®️ and Belotero®️. These fillers can project, lengthen, strengthen, build and blend the lower face and chin area.
A great clinician will understand about balance, harmony and proportion, and will discuss this with you as part of your assessment, ensuring natural-looking results.
• Chin/profile enhancement can be requested by all ages and sexes - either for beautification/enhancement and/or positive ageing
• This is a commonly requested procedure from specific ethnicities - such as those of Asian descent - as they commonly have a bony structure that is flatter, and enhancing the chin brings their face into balance.
• Volume loss in the chin as we age contributes to the sagging process. Treating the chin can help contribute to a ‘lifting’ effect.
Chin enhancement with dermal filler FAQ'S
How is an injectable chin enhancement performed?
You will first have a thorough consultation and assessment, where both you and your clinician will create a tailored plan to help you reach your desired look. You will receive full education so that you feel fully informed to make your own decision. Before photos will be taken and you will then be able to schedule an appointment to come in for the actual treatment, one that works around your work and social commitments. Treatment takes around 20-60 minutes, as we are very fussy about achieving balance in your face and like to take our time to ensure a beautiful, natural looking result.
What treatments are available for a chin / profile enhancement?
• Filler to the chin/ jawline/ lower face: To lengthen, project, strengthen, build and blend the lower face, chin and jawline area.
• Wrinkle relaxers for lower face muscles: to soften a dimpling chin, improve a jawline, relax neck bands, slim a lower face, or lift the sad mouth corners.
To find out which treatments are right for you, contact us for a personalised consultation with one of our doctors or nurses on 0800 COSMED.