I’m sure many of us have been suffering from ‘skin treatment’ deprivation over lockdown. I for one have definitely noticed a decline in my skin quality! During lockdown I’ve had to say goodbye to my regular Healite treatments and whilst I’m in the thick of renovating and estranged from my home I am unable to find my home roller… ☹
For most of you unable to access in-clinic treatments using a home roller is an excellent way to make tangible changes in the skin. Even with regular in-clinic treatments, a home roller will optimise your home care regime and subsequent results. While we don’t know if there are any more lockdowns on the horizon, we do know that a home roller is always a good investment!
For Xmas 2021, we have some great-value roller sets, which makes it an ideal time to buy one.
The idea is that the roller makes superficial perforations in the skin and allows for superior absorption of the home care you apply afterwards. Your usual results are amplified, giving potential for better texture, colour and luminosity.
If you really want to amp things up you can finish with a Société Rejuvenating Peptide Mask, which will leave your skin soft, plumped and glowing!
Here’s how to get rolling…
In the evening:
- Cleanse twice
- Roll your face in 4-centimetre squares, horizontally, vertically and diagonally. Then move to the next area of skin and continue over the whole face and neck
- Build up the nights you use your home roller, perhaps starting at once or twice a week and gradually increasing to nightly if it is well tolerated (watch out for any transitional sensitivity as your home care will be more active than usual)
- Apply your recommended home care at night (it’s important that you use your recommended product only – do not use the roller with supermarket skincare!)
- For a super boost, put your feet up and apply Société Rejuvenating Peptide Mask for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Massage in any remaining product and leave for the night
- Wake up with a glow 😊
While we’re in lockdown, if you have any questions about using a home roller, you can book a virtual appointment with our skin team over Zoom. If you are an existing skin client, book a Virtual Skin Chat. If you are new to us, book a Virtual Initial Skin Consultation.
See below a demo from Bryony using her home roller…
Lauren, Skin Team Leader